You’ve picked a REALTOR® (us!). Yeah! Now what? Now we need to get your home ready for the market. This involves:
Change the privacy settings on your Facebook page so only friends can see your posts. We don’t want potential buyers Googling you learning that you just got a big promotion at work, are moving across the country or are buying a new house because you’re having a baby. All of these items can hurt my negotiation position, therefore, it’s imperative you change your security settings to make your posts and photos private to strangers. And while you can mention on your Facebook page that you’re selling your home, don’t say why.
Once you’ve completed the above, let us know and we’ll send you your next steps. Have questions? Email us at andi@andidyer(dot)com or call 360-734-6479.
Let us know what date you want your home to go live in the MLS. We prefer two weeks’ notice before we can put your property on the market. Before it goes on the market you need to declutter your home, fix any items that need to be fixed, and either clean it or have your home professionally cleaned.
Top 10 List. Write a top ten list of reasons you love living in your home. We don’t want these reasons to be things the buyers can easily see for themselves such as your gorgeous kitchen. Rather, we want them to be intangibles that only you know such as the beautiful sunsets visible through your living room windows, that you have great neighbors, the farmers market down the street every Tuesday, see below for an example of a Top 10 List. We then use this list in our marketing of your home.
The Top 10 Reasons You’ll Love Living Here:
1. Location, location, location! Only 3 blocks to the shops and restaurants of Sehome Neighborhood. Plus every day conveniences like Haggens, Starbucks, Blue Fin Sushi, Walgreens and a gas station are just steps away.
2. Work downtown? Drive there in 5 minutes, walk there in 20 minutes. Take an Uber to enjoy the night for $8.
3. Want to take the scenic way Western Washington University? The trail is literally off the side yard and walk there in twenty minutes. Or take the off-leash dog trails to the tower for a scenic overview of Bellingham, the Bay & Mt. Baker. You will never get bored with the variety of trails in this 175 acre oasis.
4. Have a dog? Zip out back to the Arboretum trails, or it’s a quick drive to the Lake Padden Dog Park and off-leash trails, or Fairhaven Dog Park.
5. 2 ½ miles to Fairhaven, walking distance to Sehome High School.
6. FANTASIC alpenglow sunsets behind Mt. Baker. Watch the moon & stars from the warmth of your living room.
7. Enjoy wildlife? We have squirrels, deer, racoons and even Barred owls in the summer.
8. The privacy in the backyard makes coming homing home at the end of the day to our sanctuary absolutely restorative. Sunbathing in the afternoons, drinking coffee in the mornings and watching the hummingbirds, or having a movie night party on the back deck, we get 8 months of living out here.
9. We don’t have green thumbs and love the low maintenance yards.
10.We wanted a convenient location in town, but to feel like we were in the middle of nature.
We’ve Loved Living Here and Know You Will Too!
Questions? Contact us at andi@andidyer(dot)com or 360-734-6479.
This content is not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR’s viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.