This will most Likely Happen….. (Sellers)
- The buyer will negotiate 2-5 times on this transaction. They will negotiate the purchase price, the inspection, potentially the appraisal, and the final walk-through.
- You will want to tell your friends and family about your experience on social media sites. Don’t!
- The property might not appraise for what you sell it for.
- The agent will miss scheduled appointments and not call or show up.
- Appointments will be made and canceled at the last minute.
- The agent on the sign will be in witness protection and will not return my phone calls.
- Don’t get a promotion, don’t start a new job
- Some showings will last about five minutes, and some showings will last 3 hours.
- There will be a day when I call you and say someone wants to see your house, and you are going to ask me when, and I’m going to say, pull your curtains back, they are sitting outside now.
- I’m going to call you three minutes before your showings and cancel, sometimes 20 minutes after.
- Agents are going to make appointments at the very LAST minute.
- Agents are going to knock on your door, or even drive by and see you in the yard, and ask can they see your house (if this happens, call me).
- Expect a low-ball offer (at least it is a starting point).
- The buyers may lose their job or, worse, yet quit during the mortgage process.
- Whatever happens, we will get through it together.
Questions? Contact us at andi@andidyer(dot)com or 360-734-6479.
This content is not the product of the National Association of REALTORS®, and may not reflect NAR’s viewpoint or position on these topics and NAR does not verify the accuracy of the content.